ITMC 2015 Call for Proposals
The IEEE Technology Management Council is soliciting proposals to be the local host of our flagship conference, the International Technology Management Conference (ITMC). The conference is held annually during June and draws between 100 and 200 participants. Our 2013 conference was held June 24 to 26 in The Hague with 215 participants. Our 2014 conference is planned to be held in Chicago. IL, USA June 12-15 (ieee-tmc.org/ITMC2014). A specification for the conference is attached below.
The ITMC is jointly organized and executed by the TMC Conference Committee and the local host.
The selected host will be responsible for providing:
- Local Arrangements Committee Chair
- Selection of conference venue and hotel
- Food & beverage planning/li>
- Audio Visual arrangements/li>
- Local transportation arrangements/li>
- Coordination with local convention and visitor's bureau
- Support to the Technical Program Committee (program planning and technical paper review)
- Support to the Tutorials Committee
- Coordination of local publicity
- Exhibits Committee
- Local tours and events
TMC will be responsible for providing
- General Conference Chair
- Technical Program Committee Chair
- Tutorials Committee Chair
- Finance Chair
- Publications Chair
- IEEE Liaison
Proposals should be submitted to Alfred M. Stevens, IEEE TMC VP, Conferences using the contact form on this site. The deadline for submission is 31 January 2014.
To be considered, submissions must include the following:
- Proposed city and international accessibility
- Proposed dates
- Proposed venue
Additional consideration will be given to proposals that also include one or more of the following:
- Potential involvement of local university
- Proposals for tutorials
- Proposed social and spousal programs/available options
- Concessions the hotel is willing to offer (AV and Food & Beverage discounts, complimentary suites, complimentary parking, etc).
If your chapter or organization is interested prepare a proposal and send to the undersigned no later than 31 January 2014. Contact us with any questions you may have.